Quite a number of shoutouts on Facebook greeting everybody a Happy Thanksgiving Day! Well, while that sound amazing and caring, they thank as if they don’t have to be thankful for everyday.
I am thankful everyday silently and say it directly to my Lord! I am not so vocal with it. Today, let me write down the things I am blessed with and it is just right to be thankful for all these not just today but everyday as long as I am alive.
1. Healthy Marriage. For over a decade I am married to my husband, that’s a long time for me and that’s one of the greatest blessing I have.
2. Healthy Family. My children and my husband are my world, big bonus they are healthy and well everyday. Children are happy and have joyous hearts. As a mother, that make me content seeing them giggling, laughing and playing.
3. Safety. We’ll never know when’s our last time here on Earth especially the kind of job my husband has. So seeing him coming home every afternoon safe and sound is something I pray for every night and God keep him safe. I am very thankful for that you know.
4. Financially Well. While we don’t have the latest gadgets or late model cars, we are financially well compare to most American families. We don’t have a debt nor car and mortgage payments every month. Thank God to that!
5. Stable Job. I am thankful for my husband’s stable job with great benefits. We are a one-income family yet we are able to live a comfortable life because of him. He works hard and bring in enough money to support our needs. We also live within our means and don’t buy things we cannot afford.
6. Shelter and Food. Are the very basics of life. We are warm in winter and cool in summer in our house. And we never ran out of food! Such a big blessings to us. My girls not experiencing hunger in our home.
7. Life. I am thankful to God for giving us a “new life” everyday. As we wake up in the morning, I remember I am alive and well and able to live another day in order to experience great things life has to offer.
How about you? What are the things you are thankful for not just on Thanksgiving but everyday?